On this page...
**The Carers Victoria Library is currently closed as we relocate the collection**
Research can help professionals to:
- keep up with what is happening, in Australia and overseas
- find benchmarks to help you measure the effectiveness of your services
- collect background information for new and pilot projects
- learn from the successes of other organizations
- adapt innovative programs for a local service
- find templates to help you evaluate and promote your own work
View our latest KnowledgeNet Research & Best Practice Update or subscribe to our ebulletin Voice to receive the latest evidence based research about caring directly to your inbox!.
The Caregivers PubMed search gives a snapshot of the latest evidence based research.
The following library services are provided free as a benefit of Carers Victoria membership:
Research updates published in our ebulletin or on our website. Subscribe to our ebulletin Voice to keep up to date.
Borrowing material from our collection. Carer support professionals may be interested in:
- material relating to policy or background context about caring, best practice models, individual projects or professional development
- carer focused material to help a client
- audiovisual materials to use in training or information sessions.
On demand searches of our catalogue and the creation of customized booklists.
Ready reference questions (answered in under 15 minutes) and assisted research (when you make an appointment to come in and search our collection for yourself).
User pays services
The following services can be provided on a user pays basis as a benefit of Carers Victoria membership:
Extended research queries (taking more than 15 minutes to answer) including:
- complex searches in bibliographic databases or on the internet
- trawling the collection for material potentially held in books or journals.
Ordering articles, books and reference materials on inter library loan.
We have published a series of guides to help you to carry out your own research and to use the reference sources you find more effectively.
Find out more
Postage and handling:
- to all members is free
- return postage is free (with a reply paid label) for carers, former carers and carer support groups
- organizational members and interested parties cover the cost of return postage