Carers Victoria is committed to enhancing the quality of life of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander carers and continue the journey to reconciliation within Australia.
Are you providing care or support to someone who has a disability, a mental health issue, a chronic health condition or is an older person with care needs?
We can help you with:
- Information to help you in your caring role
- Information on available services you may want to consider
- Referrals for respite and other services
- Support to improve your own health and wellbeing
- Practical advice and workshops
- Support and counselling
- Connecting you with other carers to share experiences, information and practical ideas
Contacting us doesn’t mean you are locked into anything. Contact us and we will let you know in greater detail the ways we can assist you based on your circumstances.
Providing care and support can have an impact on your health and wellbeing. You may experience financial strain, see your friends and extended family less and struggle to get out into your local community.
Even if you’re not currently experiencing these issues, finding out what is available to support you in your caring role is a good idea.
To find out how we can help you, please call Carers Victoria’s Carer Advisory Line on 1800 242 636.