We want to make sure carer views and priorities are included when government policy and service delivery is planned and evaluated.
As the peak organisation representing carers in Victoria, we work to improve recognition, inclusion and support for carers.
We work to make sure government and service providers know about the issues that are important to carers.
Carers Victoria is committed to including the voices and views of carers in government policy planning, service delivery and evaluation.
We recognise the needs of people in care relationships are interdependent. We work to promote choice and dignity for both carers and people receiving care.
What we want for carers
- To be recognised and valued
- To have improved health and wellbeing and financial security
- To participate in education, employment and other activities as well as caring
- To have access to the support they need, when they need it.
To achieve these aims our policy and research team analyse and research the issues important to carers. We gather feedback from carers and other data to help us to promote your interests in Victoria.
What we do
Our policy and research team:
- Consults with carers on key issues.
- Analyses and comments on Victorian and Australian government policies affecting carers and families.
- Represents the diverse needs of carers Lobbies for improvement through submissions and representations to Ministers.
- Promotes development and delivery of quality, flexible and carer inclusive services Participates in and promotes research with carers and the people they care for.
- We work closely with Carers Australia and the National Network of Carers Associations.