What is it?
A one-off payment if your child under seven gets a severe illness or has a major disability.
To get this payment:
- you must provide care full time for a child under 7 who has a:
- severe illness,
- severe medical condition, or
- major disability
- you must get Carer Allowance for the child
- you must have a very strong need for financial help
- the child must need this care for at least 2 months
- the child must have the severe illness, medical condition or major disability because of a catastrophic event
- you and your partner are not eligible for Carer Payment or another Centrelink income support payment.