Carers Victoria has partnered with the CFA to develop resources and an e-learning module to support carers with bushfire planning.
The resources are relevant to anyone who provides care or support to family members and/or friends with a disability, mental illness, chronic health issue or age-related condition and who lives in a bushfire-prone region. The resources and e-learning module are free and available to access at any time.
The e-learning module covers seven key topics:
- Who needs to be prepared - different types of risk environments
- Your role is important - understanding the responsibility of the worker and how to help their clients
- Start the conversation - questions to get the bushfire safety conversation going
- Build the plan - six key areas to develop a Bushfire Survival Plan to leave early
- Clients who choose to stay - advice for clients who do not want to leave or build a plan
- Making it all work - referral pathway if needed an a reminder of the key steps
- Resources at your fingertips - links to resources and where to learn more
Timing: Allow an hour to complete, including a short sign-in process. This module is designed to operate through the Google Chrome browser on a laptop or PC. They are not designed for tablets or smartphones.
To find out more about the resources and to complete the e-learning module, click below. To read the frequently asked questions, click here.