Allied health professionals can refer a carer who might benefit from using our services.
Carers Victoria provide respite and support to caring families living in the Western Metropolitan region of Melbourne. Allied health professionals can refer a carer who might benefit from using our services.
People are eligible to use our services if they:
- Provide care and support to a family member or friend who is frail and elderly, has dementia, a mental illness, a disability, chronic illness or complex needs; and
- Live in the local government areas of Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Maribyrnong, Brimbank, Melton, Wyndham or Hobsons Bay
Arranging a referral
You can make a referral with your client's consent. Complete all five parts of our referral pack:
- Referral coversheet
- Part B: carer referral form: provides information about the carer
- Care recipient ‘consumer information’: provides information about the person being cared for. If more than one person is being cared for a separate form will need to be filled in for each person
- Summary and referral information
- Consumer consent to share information
Return the completed referral to Carers Victoria
By fax (03) 9396 9555
By post PO Box 2204 Footscray 3011
You do not need to post original documents if you have already sent a fax or email.
We receive a lot of referrals and it may take us some time to process.
We will contact the carer directly to assess their needs. With their consent, we will write and let you know whether he or she was eligible and decided to proceed with our services.
If you feel your client needs urgent help contact us directly.