ADEC provides advocacy, access and support services for people with a disability, their families and carers from different ethnic backgrounds. Group activities, carer support groups, multicultural and older carer respite (rest/breaks for carers from their caring duties) and bi-lingual Ethnic Disability Workers are some of the services we provide carers from ethnic backgrounds.
Am I eligible to use this service?
Disability services for people from different ethnic backgrounds, their families and carers
Are there any free services or programs that are useful to me as a carer?
- Advocacy and Access - Help individuals in finding accommodation and dealing with organisations regarding health, education, employment, finance, entitlements, immigration, legal help, transport, disability support, forms and much more.
- Support Groups - for carers and High Needs groups for old/frail individuals with disabilities,
- Art Ability - art workshops for people with a disability that increase creativity, address psychosocial rehabilitation and build skills.
- Older Carer Respite - rest/breaks for carers.
To be eligible for this service, older carers will:
- Be aged 60 years and over
- Receive Carer allowance
- Reside with the person with a disability
- Live in Melbourne’s Northern or Western Metropolitan Region
Are there any services that I may need to pay for but that are useful to me as a carer?
- Home & Community Care support (HACC) - Home care, Personal Care, Gardening, Meals and much more.
- Accredited Training and Education
- Professional Development Training
9am-5pm Monday to Friday
Cost to Use the Service
There are several free services however there are minimal costs associated with some services therefore please contact the service for more information.
Translation Services as English is my Second Language
If you would prefer to speak to us in your own language telephone us and:
- leave your name;
- the language you speak;
- and your telephone number.
We will contact you through a telephone interpreter service.
Find us on Facebook
For more Information and Support Contact Us Via...
p. 1800 626 078
p. 03 9480 1666
a. 175 Plenty Road, Preston VIC 3072
p. 03 8744 2100
a. Level 1, 1-3 Watton Street, Werribee 3030
p. 03 9791 8344
a. 186 Foster Street East Dandenong VIC 3175 (By appointment only)
Frequently asked questions
Is the organisation accessible for people with disabilities?