A FREE online workshop for carers by Carers Victoria
Who makes medical treatment decisions when an adult cannot give consent?
This workshop explores:
• Advance care directives and how to make one
• The role of the medical treatment decision maker and how to appoint one
• Who decides if you haven’t appointed a medical treatment decision maker.
Who should attend
This workshop is open to carers and caring families wanting to plan for the future and gain a greater understanding of advance care directives and medical treatment decisions.
Topics will include
• Appointing a medical treatment decision maker
• Understanding an advance care directive for adults