What is it?
The MPTP Card is issued by Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria (CPVV).
MPTP members receive 50 per cent off the standard fare (covering up to $60 per trip).
Please note the cost of any road tolls or airport fees are paid by the passenger.
To be eligible for an MPTP card you must:
- be a permanent resident of Australia and live in Victoria
- have a severe and permanent disability that your doctor deems is not likely to improve with treatment
- be unable to use public transport safely and independently.
You must also be able to demonstrate financial hardship by supplying a Notice of Assessment from the last financial year or hold one of the following:
- a Centrelink issued concession card (such as the Aged Pension or Disability Support Pension)
- a Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) card (e.g. Gold Repatriation Health card) or an EDA (Extreme Disablement Adjustment) or TPI (Totally and Permanently Incapacitated) notation.