The needs of people living with a disability are diverse and unique. Getting the right help can mean an improved quality of life for you and the person you’re caring for.
The Carers Victoria disability team operates in the Western Metropolitan region of Melbourne, providing expert and local advice, support in times of crisis, and the tools you need to plan for the future.
Who do we help?
You can access Carers Victoria disability services if you:
- Care for a family member or friend up to the age of 65 years who has a disability or chronic illness; and you
- Live in the local government areas of Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Maribyrnong, Brimbank, Melton, Wyndham or Hobsons Bay
If you are caring for somebody aged 65 or older you may be able to access our aged care services.
If you live in a local government area not covered by us you may be able to use similar services provided by one of the other respite and carer support organisations across Victoria.
How can we help?
- We offer support and give you the chance to talk to somebody
- We arrange respite and may be able to help with the costs
- We give workshops on topics of interest to carers
- We provide information about appropriate respite vacancies in different care settings
- We link you to other services that may be able to help
- We put you in touch with carer support groups where you can meet other people in similar situations
We work hard to raise the profile of caring families in the West, partnering with other organisations to help them to develop services that are sensitive to the needs of people who are disabled or have a chronic illness and to the needs of the families that care for them.
Arrange a referral
Your confidentiality and privacy